There’s so much info to know in Biology that students often feel overwhelmed.
That’s were we come in! We can organize the material you need to know and help guide your studying…
…and you’ll see that Biology can be really interesting and fun!
And that will improve your grades!
GRADE 12 BIOLOGY
Our grade 12 Biology tutors help students master the concepts and processes that occur in biological systems. Students will study theory in the areas of biochemistry, metabolic processes, molecular genetics, homeostasis, and population dynamics. Emphasis is placed on the achievement of detailed knowledge and the refinement of skills needed for further study in various branches of the life sciences and related fields. An excellent grasp of the concepts in this course is crucial to success in many science related exams (that the student may have to complete in the future) such as the MCAT and DAT!
- Technological applications that affect biological processes and cellular functions are used in the food, pharmaceutical, and medical industries.
- Biological molecules and their chemical properties affect cellular processes and biochemical reactions.
- Biochemical compounds play important structural and functional roles in cells of all living organisms.
- Metabolic Processes
- All metabolic processes involve chemical changes and energy conversions.
- An understanding of metabolic processes enables people to make informed choices with respect to a range of personal, societal, and environmental issues.
- Molecular Genetics
- DNA contains all the genetic information for any living organism.
- Proteins control a wide variety of cellular processes.
- Genetic research and biotechnology have social, legal, and ethical implications.
- Organisms have strict limits on the internal conditions that they can tolerate.
- Systems that maintain homeostasis rely on feedback mechanisms.
- Environmental factors can affect homeostasis.
- Population Dynamics
- Population growth follows predictable patterns.
- The increased consumption of resources and production of waste associated with population growth result in specific stresses that affect Earth’s sustainability.
- Technological developments can contribute to or help offset the ecological footprint associated with population growth and the consumption of natural resources.
- 8 Hours of tutoring per month!
- 2 hrs/wk!
- Homework Help!
- Available 24/7 for our student!
- Progress reports for parents!